Looking for a tutoring job in Canberra or Sydney?
Get a tutoring job in Canberra that is great fun, challenging and makes a difference in children’s lives. In Canberra, most of our tutors are at university and it fits in really well with their university work to come and help our kids a couple of afternoons each week. You work with amazing people and you make an amazing difference.
Tutoring job – Locations & Times:
For this tutoring job, there are 5 locations. We tutor in the afternoons Mondays to Thursdays, from either 3:30 or 4:30 onwards til 6:30.
We have less work available at Kaleen and Dickson, so please only apply if you know you could work at Kambah, Gungahlin or Woden.
What we look for in a tutor who can transform children’s lives:
- Amazing people skills – you need to care about the kids and about their parents so much!
- High ATAR (or equivalent) from when you were in high school
- Be at least first year university student
- Have experience with kids somewhere… Even if it’s babysitting or something to get those skills
- Willingness to go to different locations… Always at one of our 5 centres.
- Have availability long-term… This is NOT a six-month job. We want people who will be with us at least a year, preferably more.
It’s a bonus if you are strong at maths, or strong at working with little Year 1 kids – they both seem to be areas that we are often looking for staff in.
$28-32/hr depending on experience. We try to give you work in 2-hour-blocks.
To apply for this tutoring job:
- send us a resume and a cover letter. In the cover letter tell us (in a paragraph):
- why you want this tutoring job with us
- Your ATAR/equivalent
- which locations you can get to (if you are using public transport, it is trickier for you to get some of them)
- 2 strengths and 2 weaknesses
- what your (estimated) availability is in the afternoons and at different times of the year
Apply for the tutoring job at this email:
Send us an email to apply for the tutoring job: email@example.com. Please do not phone us.